Submitted by Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School
- Mrs. Mylene Keipp is the new principal at Eagle Rock Jr./Sr. High School. She has twenty-two years of experience in LAUSD as a teacher, coordinator, instructional coach, and administrator that afford her with a network of experiences, knowledge, and resources to catapult our school to even greater heights. We are the best school in LAUSD and we can make it even better with a focus on student learning in and out of the classroom.
- ERHS has its International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) reauthorization visit in September! We are a proud IB World School with MYP for all students in grades 7-10 and three cohorts of students in the IB Diploma Programme.
- One of our teachers, Ms. Youngblood-Jarman, was named a Teacher of the Year for Los Angeles County. In September, she received a proclamation from LAUSD’s Board of Education and will be honored at a luncheon hosted by LACOE.
- ERHS began a partnership with Tomas O’Grady’s EnrichLA program to revitalize our existing horticulture center with an Edible Classroom program, The partnership includes an educational component that reinforces interdisciplinary connections and global sustainability.
- Clean Up the Rock is a Community Service Day on our campus. Stop by September 19 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. to participate in a range of campus beautification activities! Contact our IB Office for more information.
What’s New At Your School This Fall?
Click here to share the news with Eastsider readers.
Eastside Schools Directory & Maps
The Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts (LFCSA) is a non-profit, public elementary school with an emphasis in project-based learning through the arts. More about Los Feliz Charter School for the Arts.
The school board has approved a staff plan to convert Clifford Street Elementary into a math and technology magnet in the 2015-16 school year. More About Clifford