By CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Gelson’s in Silver Lake continues to showcase its upgrades throughout the week with a plethora of events. Hourly grocery giveaways, a barbecue, sweepstakes and wine and beer tastings of what’s on tap at its new craft beer and wine bar are a sample of what’s in store. Additions include the coming of Wolfgang Puck Express (think pizza, sandwiches and salads), fresh squeezed juice and a cut fruit kiosk, a gourmet cheese kiosk, a service meat case and energy efficient cases. Gelson’s is located in the 2700 block of Hyperion Avenue in Silver Lake.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Just in time for the Gelson’s revamp comes its new neighbor, Starbucks. The Eastsider initially reported in September on the construction of a new Starbucks in the building next to Gelson’s. It’s up and running now, convenient for those Starbucks-aholics who need that extra caffeine boost before their grocery shopping experience at the revamped Gelson’s or across the street at Trader Joe’s. Starbucks is located in the 2700 block of Griffith Park Boulevard.
- Sawyer in Silver Lake has a new chef, Eater LA reports. Sydney Hunter III from neighbor Kettle Black is at the helm of both kitchens. With the change comes a new menu that includes octopus potato salad, loup de mer and a new line of cocktails. Sawyer is located in the 3700 block of Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake.
- Two Eastside pizzerias made Los Angeles Magazine’s list of “21 pizzas in L.A. you need to eat before you die.” First up is the Lots of Meat from Masa of Echo Park with its “buttery crust so high it looks like stadium walls.” The Deluxe from Casa Bianca Pizza Pie in Eagle Rock also made the mark. Sausage, mushroom and green peppers make up the pie. Masa of Echo Park is located in the 1800 block of W. Sunset Boulevard. Casa Bianca Pizza Pie is located in the 1600 block of Colorado Boulevard.
- Got a story, tip, question or photo to share? Submit it here
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Buy your Reader Sponsorship & Benefits Card now!
The Eastsider Reader Benefits Card is honored by …
- Lemon Frog Shop Vintage Bazaar
- Masa of Echo Park
- Ozu East Kitchen
- Street Level Cafe
- The Semi-Tropic
Do you want to offer discounts and deals to Eastsider readers? Submit your offer now