By LUCY GUANUNA
If Black Friday and Cyber Monday spending hasn’t already drained your bank account, there are numerous holiday markets in and around the Eastside offering locally made crafts, art and skin care from now through Christmas. This year, the holiday markets aren’t just for shopping: Imperial Barber Lounge is offering free haircuts at Unique Markets’ 9th Annual Holiday Market and the beer garden at Smorgasburg L.A. will be serving up mulled wine and and cider.
- Saturday – Sunday, December 3 & 4
- Unique Markets L.A.’s 9th Annual Holiday Market will feature more than 350 independent designers and artists at the California Market Center. A one-time $15 entry fee will include drinks and snacks from GT’s Kombucha and Califia and fun holiday portraits.
- Sunday, December 4
- The Holiday Art Sale & Fundraiser will feature original prints, ceramics and photography by students and faculty. Wine, coffee and food from Sweet Lady Jane and Sprinkles Cupcakes will be available and an hourly raffle will be drawn for gift cards and Disneyland Park Hopper tickets.
- Sunday, December 4
- Caracol Marketplace’s monthly gathering at the Tropico de Nopal Gallery will get festive for the holidays with Chulita Vinyl Club on the decks as local artisans sell handmade jewelry, healing herbs and art.
- Sunday, December 4 & 11
- For two Sundays this month, Smorgasburg LA’s weekly outdoor food market-turned-holiday market will host local boutiques, vintage vendors and artisans selling one-of-a-kind home decor, jewelry and skincare at the ROW DTLA.
- Thursday, Dec. 8
- More than two dozen boutique merchants, intriguing artisans, street food purveyors and Santa will create a winter bazaar at boutique merchants at the One Santa Fe complex.
- Saturday, December 10
- Self Help Graphics & Art will be hosting Holiday Marketplace 2016, where vendors and artists will be offering one-of-a-kind crafts and fine art. Printmaking demos and workshops will be lead by some of the Eastside’s favorite artists. Serigraphs from Self Help Graphics’ print collection will also be available.
- Saturday, December 17
- Mi Vida Boutique will host a number of vendors selling clothing, jewelry and books that embrace Los Angeles and Chicano culture.
Did we miss your holiday market? Add your details now
- Saturday, Dec. 17 & Sunday, Dec. 18
- Shoppers will be able to pick up delicious treats, clothing, jewelry, beauty products, home goods, companion-animal supplies, and more—all from local, cruelty-free vegan vendors—and 10 percent of all sales will go toward supporting PETA’s lifesaving work to help animals.
Take a break from the hectic holiday season by taking a seat and sipping on one of these holiday favorites now serving at an Eastside cafe, bar or bakery near you. Read more ….
The average American will spend around $752 on Christmas gifts this year, according to a Gallup survey. We set that as our budget when we went shopping – well, window shopping – across the Eastside and came back with these gift ideas: Read More »
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers