BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Proof Bakery in Atwater Village made Eater LA’s list of best places to pick up holiday sweets in Los Angeles. Find some of the city’s best croissants and seasonal tarts. Proof Bakery is located on the 3100 block of Glendale Boulevard in Atwater Village.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- The blowfish at Cliff’s Edge was tried and tested by Brad Jadphe of LA Weekly. Chef Michael Bryant took over the reigns in the fall – and with his coming, the menu changed to include grilled blowfish. The Peruvian antichuco-inspired dish comes with a charred tail and a juicy fillet that is “similar to halibut cheeks and sweet like scallops or frog legs,” Bryant explains. Cliff’s Edge is located on the 3600 block of Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake.
- Want to bring a bottle of wine with you to dinner? You can at Masa of Echo Park, reports Eater LA. Your first two bottles have no corkage fee, so enjoy the wine while you wait for the 45-minute, deep-dish pie. Masa of Echo Park is located on the 1800 block of W. Sunset Boulevard.
- Get your holiday shopping done at two Eastside holiday shopping events next weekend, according to Curbed LA. The Echo Park Craft Fair (which actually happens in Silver Lake) offers a plethora of goods – including handmade items, vintage wear and tableware. The event is on Saturday, Dec. 10, and Sunday, Dec. 11 at Mack Sennett Studios. The Half Gallery Holiday Sale offers ceramics and locally made gifts on Saturday, Dec. 10. Mack Sennett Studios is on the 1200 block of Bates Avenue. Tickets are $10 to $16. Half Gallery is located on the 1100 block of Hyperion Avenue in Silver Lake.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Buy your Reader Sponsorship & Benefits Card now!
The Eastsider Reader Benefits Card is honored by …
- Lemon Frog Shop Vintage Bazaar
- Masa of Echo Park
- Ozu East Kitchen
- Street Level Cafe
- The -Semi Tropic
Do you want to offer discounts and deals to Eastsider readers? Submit your offer now