- Firefighters put out a large fire that broke out Tuesday night in a Boyle Heights warehouse. No injuries were reported. KTLA
- One Day at a Time, the Norman Lear sitcom of a white single-mother raising two daughters in the Midwest, has been remade. The Netflix show, which debuted earlier this month, features a Cuban-American family who call Echo Park home, reports The L.A. Times.
- Several candidates running in the March 7 city election have said they won’t take contributions from real estate developers, including at least two contenders in the Council District 13 race. L.A. Times
- City Planning Commissioner Robert Lee Ahn is the most recent person to enter the race to replace Congressman Xavier Becerra, who has been nominated to serve as State Attorney General. At least sixteen candidates are in the running to represent the 34th Congressional District. L.A. Times
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
What do you think of The Eastsider?
Please take a few minutes to take our 2017 Eastsider Reader Survey. The results will be published (individual responses will remain private) and will be used to improve the site, determine editorial coverage and help raise financial support from advertisers and sponsors.Thanks for your time!
Click here or fill out the survey below.
— Jesus Sanchez, Publisher[polldaddy type=”iframe” survey=”01B0FC851CD9181B” height=”auto” domain=”theeastsiderla” id=”2017-eastsider-reader-survey”]
- The Eastsider thanks a reader who wishes to remain anonymous for purchasing a Reader Sponsorship & Benefits Card .