- Residents and stakeholders of the Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council will vote today, April 8, on whether the community of Hermon can break away and form its own neighborhood council. Polling place times and location
- Councilman Jose Huizar has endorsed state assemblymember Jimmy Gomez as his pick to represent the 34th Congressional District. Gomez will face attorney Robert Lee Ahn in the June 6 runoff. The 34th Congressional District (map) includes Boyle Heights, City Terrace, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, Montecito Heights, Northeast L.A., southern Echo Park and other communities. L.A. Times
- Maria Elena Durazo, the former chief of the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, said she will run for the 24th District State Senate seat now held by Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León, who will be termed out of office next year. The district (map) includes most of the Eastside, including Atwater Village, Boyle Heights, Eagle Rock and Silver Lake. Daily News
- KCRW’s take on the gentrification of Boyle Heights includes interviews with a recent homebuyer, a housing activist and long-time residents.
- Found in Echo Park: White poodle mix Eastside Animals
- For Sale: Big Ideas in Small Space (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.