- An eight-year-old boy was shot in the leg on Tuesday afternoon in what may have been a drive-by shooting in the 500 block of Nolden Street in Highland Park. EGP News
- Council District 1 candidate Joe Bray-Ali has lost the endorsement of the East Area Progressive Democrats over the numerous remarks he made on controversial online forums. “However puzzling and out of character his previous statements are, they undercut the candidate’s claim of readiness to represent all the people of our diverse Eastside neighborhoods,” the group said in a statement. Bray-Ali has also been endorsed by the Los Angeles Times and 13th District Councilman Mitch O’Farrell in the runoff election against incumbent Gil Cedillo.
- A video of the fire that damaged a 110-year-old Boyle Heights Victorian home in Boyle Heights. Loudlabs News
- The pedestrian who was killed when he was struck by a Metrolink train in East Los Angeles earlier this month has been identified as 33-year-old Demetrius Dandridge. EGP News
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.