- We’re checking with LAPD to get details of a shooting or shootings this morning on the border of Lincoln Heights and El Sereno. An early report from KTLA said it appears the shootings took place at two locations near Valley Boulevard and Soto Street and Medford and Ricardo streets.
- What’s next for the Silver Lake Reservoir? Two meetings will be held this week on the topic, one focusing on the future, the other on more short-term issues. Occidental College will host a panel discussion on Wednesday, April 19 on how the 96-acre reservoir property should be used now that it will no longer store drinking water, opening the possibility for other uses. On April 20, the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council will hold a meeting about potential changes to the walking paths around the Silver Lake and neighboring Hyperion reservoirs.
- It’s official. The city has certified the results of the April 8 election in which a large majority of voters supported the creation of a separate Hermon Neighborhood Council. However, before the new council is formed, its proposed bylaws must still be reviewed by the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners and, if certified, new council board would have to be elected or selected. The Hermon council would be the city’s 97th neighborhood council.
- For Rent: Mid Century Mount Washington Retreat (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.