BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Mh zH is the new hotspot in Silver Lake. Serving casual Mediterranean dinner on the corner of Sunset Boulevard and Maltman Avenue, the restaurant bears no sign, just large windows with a continuous flow of folks coming in and out the door. According to LA Weekly, a chef from the now defunct but highly acclaimed Alma restaurant is at the helm. Mh zH is located in the 3500 block of Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Restaurants, brewers, bakers and other vendors come together at Taste of the Eastside, happening Sunday, April 30 at Los Angeles River Center and Gardens from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. More than 30 top restaurants and vendors are on deck, including Go Get Em Tiger, Red Herring, Mohawk Bend, Little Dom’s, Highland Park Brewing and Gigi’s Bakery. Musical guests include Best Western, Garth Trinidad, Anthony Valadez, Travis Holcomb and Playground. Check the event website for ticket prices. Los Angeles River Center and Gardens is located in the 500 block of W. Avenue 26 in Cypress Park.
- Looking to own a bridal shop? Bride Boutique is up for sale. Owner Maria Diaz and her husband are looking to relocating and are searching for a potential buyer for the business she built from scratch, according to an email. Bride Boutique is located in the 1500 block of Sunset Boulevard in Echo Park.
- Blue Bottle made its debut on the Eastside when it opened its Echo Park storefront. Now a second Eastside location is landing this weekend in Los Feliz. The grand opening celebration begins with Friends and Family Day, where community members receive a cup of coffee on the house on Saturday, April 29. Pastry selections and merchandise will also be available for purchase, with proceeds benefitting charity partner Sante D’or, a local volunteer-run animal adoption center and rescue. The following day, Sunday, April 30, marks the café’s official grand opening. Blue Bottle is located in the 2000 block of Hillhurst Avenue in Los Feliz.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group.
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers