- The same vehicle involved in a Sunday afternoon shooting that left one man injured in Silver Lake was also spotted in a separate shooting about 20 minutes later in the Pico-Union area, where another man was wounded. Police are now looking for that vehicle, which is described as a white Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck with custom black rims and a possible partial license plate number of 931 or 331. Persons who might recognize the vehicle or have any on other information about the shooting are asked to call LAPD Rampart Division gang detectives at (213) 484-3660. MyNewsLA
- Thanks to a record snowpack and snowmelt, the LADWP will no longer have to buy expensive water as it did during the five-year-long drought. But those savings won’t add up to much for customers because the “snowmelt dividend” will be offset by a rate change to finance water system improvements. KPCC
- The City Clerk is looking for 2,000 poll workers for the May 16 general election. Poll inspectors receive stipends of $240 while poll clerks get $140. Go here for poll worker requirements and an application.0
- What You Missed in Yesterday’s Eastsider: Kite Fest flies high above El Sereno …. Fill ‘er Up: Water to begin flowing into Silver Lake reservoirs tomorrow …. Glassell Park Mormon church remains in ruins … Possible expansion in the works for Cliff’s Edge in Silver Lake
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.