BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Link N Hops owner Andy Hasroun – who was born in Syria – is helping bring needed medical services and supplies to his homeland. Half a world away from Syria, the Atwater Village restaurant will be donating 15% of all sales to the Syrian American Medical Society.
The funds will be collected during the Dine to Donate fundraiser, which is on April 25 from 11 a.m. to midnight, according to the event’s press release. The Syrian American Medical Society works to serve the medical needs of millions of Syrians, support doctors and medical professionals and rebuild healthcare. Link N Hops is located in the 3000 block of Glendale Boulevard in Atwater Village.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Some of Los Angeles’ best banh mi sandwiches are found in an auto repair shop, the Los Angeles Times reports. Chef Casey Felton (Providence) and Armen Piskoulian (Micheal’s) are at the helm of a stand called Banh Oui, hidden in the Hi Tech Automotive in Silver Lake. The eatery currently holds a three-month permit that is expected to expire sometime mid-summer. No word on a brick-and-mortar location. Banh Oui – and Hi Tech Automotive – are located in the 4000 block of Fountain Avenue in Silver Lake.
- Asian-fried-rice-and-Mexican-street-tacos concept Hot Hot Food is heading to Silver Lake, the Los Angeles Times reports. Expect fried rice, avocado, pickled onions, jalepeños, salsa verde and a fried egg all on one plate. Opening date is Saturday, April 24. Hot Hot Food is located in the 600 block of N. Hoover Avenue in Silver Lake.
- Bring on Happy Hour at Maré. According to Eater LA, chef Eric Greenspan has a handful of new bites in store, along with select beer and wine for $5. Hours are from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Maré is located in the 2600 block of Hyperion Avenue in Silver Lake.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group.
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers