- Mayor Garcetti’s presentation on his proposed budget failed to mention one of the city’s largest and ever-growing expenses: employee pension and retiree healthcare costs. Those costs will total $1.1 billion in the coming fiscal year and amounts to 20% of the funds the city uses to pay for basic services. L.A. Times
- The Glassell Park Neighborhood Council is holding a contest for the painting of two large murals across the walls of the neighborhood post office. Submissions are due by May 15. Funds for the murals, however, are still being raised.
- Lost in Echo Park: Very friendly fluffy black female cat. Eastside Animals
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up here for Neighborhood News Alerts via email
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.