- Last night’s windstorm knocked out power to thousands of Eastside residents. This morning, electrical service remained out to 1,136 utility customers in Eagle Rock, 268 in Highland Park, 2,485 in Los Feliz, 598 in Boyle Heights, and 585 in Echo Park, according to the LADWP power outage map. Meanwhile, in the City Terrace area, about 35 customers are without services because of downed wires and poles, says Southern California Edison.
- Joe Bray-Ali is under growing pressure to drop out of the Council District 1 race after he conceded to posting comments in controversial online forums. Seven members of the L.A. City Council said that Bray-Ali should abandon his campaign in the runoff against incumbent Gil Cedillo, reports the Daily News.Bray-Ali, a cycling advocate from Lincoln Heights, has said he will continue in the race. The runoff is scheduled for May 18.
- Super-reggae fan Roger Steffens and his counterculture photo collection of 40,000 images are featured in the L.A. Weekly following the publication of a second book. You can also view many of his photos on Instagram at @TheFamilyAcid.
- Del Mor Lofts: Creative Living in Echo Park (Sponsored)
- For Sale: Special Spanish Near York (Sponsored)
- For Rent: Echo Park Office Space (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.