BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Next week, Casita Del Campo in Silver Lake begins its celebration of serving and entertaining the public for the past 55 years. The event also commemorates the memory of restaurant founder Rudy Martin Del Campo – a former actor and dancer who appeared in “West Side Story” as one of the Sharks. Monday, May 15 brings live jazz. Thursday, May 18 brings a pre fixe menu followed by a DJ spinning vinyl records. Casita Del Campo is located in the 1900 block of Hyperion Avenue in Silver Lake.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Want to pick up some vinyl and get a hair trim at the same time? Then head to the freshly landed The ArtForm Studio in Highland Park. LA Weekly reports that the record collection is more focused on “appealing to the artists who will truly appreciate what they do” instead of “carrying thousands and thousands of vinyls for every single person who walks through the door….” The ArtForm Studio is located in the 5600 block of N. Figueroa Street in Highland Park.
- Find out how Oinkster founder Andre Guerrero placed Filipino food on the culinary map in LA Weekly’s People Issue 2017. The Oinkster is located in the 2000 block of Colorado Boulevard in Eagle Rock.
- Neckties, denim and underarm lotion are some of the key items found at Individual Medley in Atwater Village, The New York Times reports in a Q & A interview with shop owner Monica Navarro Boyes. Individual Medley is located in the 3100 block of Glendale Boulevard in Atwater Village.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group.
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers