BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Cosa Buona in Echo Park is almost ready to launch, according to the restaurant’s Instagram. Last July, Zack Pollack of Silver Lake’s acclaimed Alimento took over the space that Pizza Buona once occupied on the corner of Sunset Boulevard and Alvarado Street in Echo Park. The makeover is almost done, with an almost complete interior and black paint covering the exterior. When do orders commence for the pizza and pies? All that Costa Buona Instagram says is “very, very soon.” Cosa Buona is located on 2100 block of Sunset Boulevard in Echo Park.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- With immigration being such a hot topic, one restaurant is capitalizing on the controversy with its month-long immigrant dinner series, the Los Angeles Times reports. Held at Momed Atwater Village, the culinary event showcases nine dishes from countries such as Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iran, Turkey and Egypt. Half of the proceeds will be donated to the International Rescue Committee, an organization that works to help refugees worldwide. The immigrant dinner series happens every Wednesday. Momed Atwater Village is located in the 3200 block of Casitas Avenue.
- Japanese eatery Tsubaki received a thumb’s up from Besha Rodell of the LA Weekly. Apparently, the food, drinks and sake list make up for the compact and loud space that makes one feel as if they have to eat and leave rather than hang out and socialize, with the latter being typical of a traditional izakaya spot. Tsubaki is located in the 1300 block of Allison Avenue in Echo Park.
- In a review of the L.A. supermarkets, a new arrival from Texas was apparently more interested in the shoppers than the merchandise at the 365 store in Silver Lake, reports the Dallas News. Writer Christopher Mosley compared the crowd to “the hippest audience at an upper-middle-class indie rock show in Texas.” He later states that the pressure of looking cool while shopping is “too much pressure for a stop at the grocer.”
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers