- A Gold Line train was struck by a hit-and-run driver near Third and Herbert streets in East Los Angeles. No train passengers were injured during the Tuesday morning crash. Officials said the driver of what was described as a “tan or gray Honda or Hyundai” fled the scene. EGP News
- A Catholic priest who once served in a Silver Lake parish — St. Teresa of Avila — is now in the process of being defrocked following allegations of sexual misconduct at a church in Pico Rivera. NBC4
- The City Council has made it easier for landlords to legalize “bootlegged” apartments created without permits if they keep the units affordable for 55 years. The law applies only to apartments – not single family properties. L.A. Times
- For Sale: Amazing Glassell Park Home (Sponsored)
- For Sale: Lincoln Heights Mixed-Use Duplex (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.