- Fear of deportation is running high among Los Angeles immigrants but arrests by ICE agents in Southern California have remained relatively unchanged since President Trump took office. Local agents arrested 2,227 immigrants — the vast majority being convicted criminals — between Jan. 20 and April 29. Last year, ICE made 2,166 arrests during the same period. L.A. Times
- KPCC gauges reaction to a proposal to discourage dense development in parts of Echo Park and Silver Lake to protect the character of the neighborhoods. But one Silver Lake resident said that would only make housing more unaffordable. “What’s the point of preserving these neighborhoods if they become these outposts for just the absolute richest people in the city?”
- Why are Small-Lot Homes Selling So Quickly? (Sponsored)
- For Sale: Large Highland Park Craftsman Manor (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.