- A large-scale search is underway this morning in the area around Arroyo Park next to Highland Park in connection with the disappearance of 5-year-old Aramazd Andressian Jr. Authorities had searched the South Pasadena park where the boy’s father was found unconscious last month. L.A. Times
- The northbound 101 Freeway was shut down early this morning as authorities responded to a man with a “behavioral emergency” on the Western Avenue overpass in East Hollywood, according to the LAFD. Freeway lanes were reopened by about 6 am. No injuries were reported.
- Bike Riders – or anyone who wears a bike helmet — will be given a free ride on Metro and city DASH and Commuter Express buses today, May 18, as part of a Bike to Work Day promotion.
- Was this Silver Lake coyote going to 365 or Starbucks? LAist
- For Sale: Just Listed: Echo Park Craftsman (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.