- The L.A. Times endorsed state Assemblyman Jimmy Gomez over attorney Robert Lee Ahn in the 34th Congressional District runoff election. “Between Gomez and Ahn it’s no contest, though Ahn certainly has his virtues,” said the Times, which had endorsed Maria Cabildo in the primary. The 34th Congressional District includes Boyle Heights, City Terrace, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, Montecito Heights, Northeast L.A., southern Echo Park and other communities. The runoff is scheduled for June 6.
- L.A. Unified could see an increase in charter schools and a decline in revenue and enrollment after school board candidates backed by charter groups won their races on Tuesday. L.A. Times
- Voters approved a major change to the LAPD disciplinary process despite concerns that the new process will make it easier for officers to avoid being punished for serious misconduct. L.A. Times
- A proposal to rename the 134 Freeway in Eagle Rock to honor former President Obama was approved by the state Senate by a 34-1 vote. The measure now heads to the state Assembly. L.A. Times
- For Sale: Atwater Village Craftsman (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readerspurchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.
Buy your Reader Sponsorship & Benefits Card now!