- The City Council today is expected to approve a large pay increase — ranging from 13.2% to 22.3% — over a five-year period to members of LADWP’s largest union. City officials have fast-tracked the deal, negotiated behind closed doors, without holding public hearings before today’s vote. L.A. Times
- The state legislature approved $100 million to finance restoration efforts along sections of the Los Angeles and San Gabriel rivers. LAist
- A fight between several Angel and Dodger fans broke out on Monday night at Dodger Stadium during the first night of the Freeway Series. One man with a bloodied face and Angels jersey was pictured being escorted by security officers. ABC7
- Jimmy Gomez of Eagle Rock is taking some heat for delaying his oath of office after winning the 34th Congressional District runoff election more than three weeks ago. Gomez says he wants to delay taking the oath so he can retain his seat in the California State Assembly long enough to vote on a cap-and-trade energy bill, reports the L.A. Times. That delay has been criticized by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a Republican Congressman from Bakersfield, who says the decision by the newly elected Democratic Congressman is “an abdication” of his responsibilities. The delay has also held up the scheduling of a special election to replace Gomez as representative of the 51st State Assembly District.
- Montecito Heights Mid-Century For Sale (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.