When you live on the Eastside, there’s usually no need to head out to attend a formal 4th of July fireworks show — there’s usually someone nearby lighting up the night sky with colorful skyrockets, bombs and other fiery displays. But, if you want to be on the safe side and attend a legal fireworks show, as well as other celebrations, here are some of your options during the upcoming holiday :
- Saturday, July 1: 5 pm
- Hollenbeck Park, 415 S. St.Louis St.
- Free musical entertainment by BombaChante, a moonbounce, community booths, and food. Concert begins at 5 pm followed by fireworks at sunset. Not Permitted: BBQ grills, alcohol, pets, canopies, umbrellas, and glass bottles.
- July 4: 6:10 pm
- Dodger Stadium
- The show begins after the end of the Dodgers vs. Diamond Backs game. Ticket prices vary.
- Sunday, July 2: 5 pm
- Eagle Rock Park, 1100 Eagle Vista Dr
- Free musical entertainment by the Spazmatics, a moonbounce, community booths, and food. Concert begins at 5 pm with fireworks at sunset. BBQ grills, alcohol, pets, canopies, umbrellas, and glass bottles are not permitted
EAST LOS ANGELES
- Saturday, July 1: 4:30 pm – 9: 30 PM
- East Los Angeles Civic Center, 4801 E. First Street
- Tuesday, July 4: 10 am
- Starts at Silver Lake Recreation Center, 1850 W. Silver Lake Dr.,
- The second annual neighborhood 4th of July parade will kick off at 10 a.m. on July 4 at the Silver Lake Recreation Center. But those who plan to march are invited to show up at 9 am to decorate their entries. The parade route will travel north on West Silver Lake Boulevard to Armstrong Avenue and loop back to the Rec Center for more events.
Advice To Pet Owners: You probably know by now to keep your dogs inside during all that noise. The North Central Animal Shelter in Lincoln Heights is seeking volunteers to temporarily foster pets during a busy time of the year.
- Did we miss something? Please submit your 4th of July event here.