BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Heard of a noodle drive-in? The owners of Silver Lake Ramen may be as close as you’ll get to such an experience with Silver Lake Ramen 2 Go, a noodles-brought-to-your-car concept. According to Eater LA, customers can order ahead and have their meals delivered to their car after pulling into the strip mall parking lot (good luck finding a space).
The point is to relieve the crowds from Silver Lake Ramen, which is about a mile west. Silver Lake Ramen 2 Go is set to open before the end of June and takes over the former Miyako Japanese restaurant space on the corner of Sunset and Rosemont in Echo Park.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- The Eastside’s Sunset Boulevard wine bar scene has ripened, LA Weekly reports. From Silver Lake to Echo Park, this stretch of the strip offers a handful of wine bars with select libations such as Mixed Company and the all-Italian wine list at Kettle Black in Silver Lake. In Echo Park, you’ll find a surprisingly bountiful collection at Sunset Beer Company. Mixed Company is located in the 3900 block of Sunset, Kettle Black is located in the 3700 block and Sunset Beer Company is located in the 1400 block.
- Get the backstory on Dough Box Pizza and Bread according to the Los Angeles Times. Up until recently, the only way customers could enjoy Dough Box’s pizzas was to call or email the order and have the pie delivered. But a few weeks ago, Dough Box opened a small restaurant in El Sereno, and has already found itself frequently selling out. Dough Box Pizza and Bread is located in the 2700 block of Eastern Avenue in El Sereno.
- Fred 62 is turning 20. In celebration of the milestone, the 24/7 diner will be serving complimentary minis of menu food and drink classics from 9 p.m. to midnight on Saturday, June 17, according to a company press release. Fred 62 is located in the 1800 block of Vermont Avenue in Los Feliz.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers