- Darlene Guzman of Lincoln Heights has spent more than five years struggling to find inner peace while seeking justice for her daughter, Bree’Anna Guzman, whose body was found next to a Silver Lake freeway offramp in January 2012. Guzman’s alleged murderer, who is also accused of killing another Lincoln Heights woman several months earlier, was apprehended in May. L.A. Times
- The Gold Line will be extended nearly 12 miles to Claremont by 2027 after the board of the Metropolitan Transit Authority approved a $1.4 billion budget. The line, which currently terminates in Azusa, will add five station stops: Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Pomona and Claremont. KPCC
- For Sale: View Home in Mt Washington Elementary School District Boasts Expansive Roof Deck (Sponsored)
- For Sale: Echo Park Duplex on Marion (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.