BY KELLY ERICKSON
Grilled cheese and salads meet sushi-inspired fare on the new dinner menu at Highland Park’s ETA Cocktail Bar. Behind the design is executive chef Ramses Walker of Trejo’s Restaurant Group, Hotel Figueroa and L’Ermitage. He’s come up with dishes aimed at complementing the location’s highly acclaimed beverage program.
With drinks and now dinner to enjoy, an obvious pairing is the selection of high end cheese and charcuterie boards; other items on the menu include faro salad, ahi sashimi, The EchoPlex grilled cheese with roasted fig, brie and bleu on brioche.
Dinner at ETA is now being served nightly starting at 6:00 pm and alongside live jazz every Sunday through Tuesday.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Violin strings will tug at your heart chakra at the newly opened Modo Yoga LA in Echo Park. The location touts hot yoga classes featuring live violinists in rooms with “hospital-grade filtration,” reports the Los Angeles Times.
- Although the sudden closure of Berlin Currywurst in Silver Lake is puzzling, Eater LA has determined that Smorgasburg vendor We Have Noodles will be moving in.
- The Eastside can’t get enough of noodles – Ramen Bangaichi has replaced Saito Sushi in a Los Feliz strip mall off of Sunset Boulevard, LA Weekly reports.
- Dry River Brewing is celebrating the opening of its Boyle Heights tasting room. According to LAist, the weekend event is selling out but the tasting room will be open on the first and third weekends, Friday through Saturday, of each month.
Kelly Erickson is a writer, photographer and graphic designer living in Echo Park. She holds a degree Political Journalism and writes primarily about beer and all things Echo Park.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers