- The Dodgers are looking for a sponsor willing to pay $12 million a season for the naming rights to the ballpark’s playing field. The name of Dodger Stadium would not change, team officials said. But “a winning bid from Acme Co. could mean the Dodgers would play at Acme Field at Dodger Stadium,” says the L.A. Times. The Sports Business Journal notes that the $12 million price tag is substantially higher than what some other major ballparks are asking for sponsorships.
- Traffic on the northbound 5 Freeway in Lincoln Heights was halted Tuesday night after a southbound gasoline tanker jumped the center divider and collided with a car, blocking all northbound lanes. The tanker truck was empty when it crashed. One person was transported to a hospital. CBS2
- Weird Wave Coffee Brewers, the Boyle Heights coffee house targeted by gentrification foes, was vandalized, said L.A Times photographer Irfan Khan on Twitter. Khan’s photo showed one of the owners cleaning up broken glass in front of the Cesar Chavez Avenue shop.
- The L.A. Department of Transportation will hold a follow-up meeting tonight, Wednesday, July 19, over its plans to reduce traffic lanes and improve safety on Fletcher Drive in Atwater Village.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.