BY KELLY ERICKSON
Taix French Restaurant in Echo Park is the place to celebrate all things French, all month long. Not only is July full of Tour de France races, July 14 is Bastille Day and there will be no shortage of food and drink specials.
Throughout the month, six-dollar glasses of wine will guide you through the race and each corresponding region, with the last day ending with champagne as cyclists finish in Paris on July 23. For Bastille Day the restaurant is featuring the classic French bouillabaisse on the menu.
This year also marks the restaurant’s 90th anniversary.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Bucks & Does in Silver Lake revamps with a face-lift and a new name: the Odells. In addition to an expansion, owners Laura and Jason O’Dell installed a 16-foot yurt in the back, according to the LA Times.
- Restaurant Week kicks off today with Los Angeles restaurants offering deals on prix fixe meals. Echo Park restaurants Sage, Taix, Tsubaki and Highland Park’s Cafe Birdie are offering lunch and/or dinner menus ranging from $15 to $39. Browse through all participating restaurants at DineLA.
- The new Dry River Brewing tasting room in Boyle Heights is now officially open to the public starting this weekend and every first and third weekend from Friday through Sunday. Food GPS describes the intimate space as a “cozy little space that looks like a cross between a farmhouse and a mechanic’s shop.”
- The Gold Room is back but the renovations and menu changes has sparked some controversy. Love it or hate it, Eater LA notes its “spiffy” new look.
- A new pottery studio is opening this weekend in Echo Park on Echo Park Avenue offering classes, workshops and private events.
- Who knew there were so many bagel options in Los Angeles? LAist recommends Belle’s Bagels on York in Highland Park as one of ten hot spots for its “old-school” approach to toppings plus organic and local ingredients.
Kelly Erickson is a writer, photographer and graphic designer living in Echo Park. She holds a degree Political Journalism and writes primarily about beer and all things Echo Park.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers