- L.A. school board members will see their annual pay jump to $125,000 from $45,637 starting in 60 days. The 174% increase for board members without any other outside salary or honorariums was approved by an independent commission that determines pay every five years. L.A. Now
- KCET provides the backstory on Baxter Street, one of the steepest streets in Echo Park and Silver Lake.
- Jimmy Gomez is scheduled to be sworn in today as representative of California’s 34th Congressional District. The Eagle Rock resident has been criticized by for taking longer than usual to officially take office after winning the June 6 runoff election. KPCC
- Bishop Jon Bruno of the Echo Park-based Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles suffered another setback in his effort to sell a Newport Beach church property over the objections of its members. Daily Pilot
- For Sale: Cypress Park Craftsman (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.