- Metro’s more than 2,300 gas-powered buses will be replaced by an electric-powered fleet by 2030 under a proposal approved by the agency’s board. KPCC
- A social justice group says that the number of Ellis Act evictions in the City of L.A. is running twice as high as last year. There were 638 Ellis Act evictions during the first half of the year compared to 294 during the same period last year. L.A. Weekly
- Councilman Bob Blumenfield wants the city to look into offering waste pumping services to people living in the more than 2,000 RVs and campers parked on city streets. Curbed L.A.
- Exene Cervenka will toss the ceremonial first pitch and John Doe will sing the National Anthem as the Dodgers honor the punk band “X” during the Aug. 16 game against the Chicago White Sox. L.A. Times
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.