BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
After six months in business, Maré Silver Lake has shuttered, Eater LA reports. Headed by acclaimed chef Eric Greenspan, the restaurant’s business model “simply proved unsustainable.” Maré Silver Lake was the last of a chain of three restaurants to go dark, with the other two located on Melrose Avenue and Santa Monica.
In other Shopper & Diner News:
- Mexican treats and music are on hand this weekend at La Mascota’s 65th anniversary celebration in Boyle Heights. According to the LA Weekly, the party starts on Friday, July 28, with 65-cent tamales from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (limit one dozen) and mariachis from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. On Saturday, July 29, Ballet Folklorico Boyle Heights performs from 10 a.m. to noon. The celebration ends with another round of mariachis on Sunday, July 30, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. La Mascota is located in the 2700 block of Whittier Boulevard in Boyle Heights.
- There’s another anniversary party being held in this weekend in Atwater Village, where Links n Hops will celebrate its 5th year in business with giveaways, live music and exotic sausage samples. The celebration will be held Sunday, July 30 from noon to 3 pm. Links n Hops is at 3111 Glendale Blvd in Atwater Village.
- Sweetfin Poké debuts at the former Knuckle & Claw space in Silver Lake with its Sweetfest Block Party on Sunday, July 30, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Eater LA reports. Expect performances by DJ’s Deep Touch, Shea Carter Fox and Laura Jean Anderson. Sweetfin Poké is located in the 3100 block of Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake.
- Vegan spot by CHLOE. celebrates its second year in business with a free ice cream scoop for its customers, Eater LA also reports. The scooping starts at 11 a.m. with the featured flavor suitably selected as birthday cake. By CHLOE. is located adjacent to 365 by Whole Foods Market, on the 2500 block of Glendale Boulevard in Silver Lake.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers