News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- A man who was run over by a forklift near the L.A. County-USC Medical Center in Lincoln Heights was awarded $10.8 million in damages by a jury. My News LA
- Officials responding to a bomb threat made against Ford Boulevard Elementary in East Los Angeles on Thursday morning found no explosives on the campus. My News LA
- Decades old documents found in a Boyle Heights closet helped a Stanford historian explain how the Club Social Guadalupe Victoria, one of the many social clubs formed by Mexican immigrants in Los Angeles, helped sustain an entire town in Mexico. Stanford
- Eagle Rock Re-Imagined Home (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
A message from Eastside Events sponsor Metro
Go Metro to Nisei Week 2017 in Little Tokyo
Enjoyed by thousands every summer, Nisei Week in Little Tokyo is one the nation’s longest running cultural festivals of its kind. From August 19 to 27, participate in free Japanese cultural events, activities for all ages, and live music and dancing.
The most convenient way to get to the 77th Annual Nisei Week festivities is to take the Metro Gold Line and get off at the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station. Learn more at golittletokyo.com.