News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- The decomposing body of 24-year-old USC graduate student Jacob Kelley was found about a week after he died in a dorm room at the school’s health sciences campus in Lincoln Heights Heights. Officials believe Kelley died of natural causes. My News LA & L.A. Times
- Broken Dreams, a Highland Park art exhibit inspired by Central American children seeking sanctuary in the U.S., features 4-foot high glass sculptures of children created by artist Jamie Guerrero, reports KPCC. Guerrero, who grew up in Boyle Heights, discussed his work and process during a 2015 interview with The Eastsider.
- A four-car crash this morning on the southbound 5 Freeway next to Griffith Park left a 12-year-old boy in grave condition and a 35-year-old female in critical condition, according to preliminary information from the L.A. Fire Department. A third person sustained minor injuries.
- The Rental Girl Upcoming HLP Events! Play Music on the Porch Day | Sat. Aug. 26th 2-10PM (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
A message from Eastside Events sponsor Metro
Go Metro to Nisei Week 2017 in Little Tokyo
Enjoyed by thousands every summer, Nisei Week in Little Tokyo is one the nation’s longest running cultural festivals of its kind. From August 19 to 27, participate in free Japanese cultural events, activities for all ages, and live music and dancing.
The most convenient way to get to the 77th Annual Nisei Week festivities is to take the Metro Gold Line and get off at the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station. Learn more at golittletokyo.com.