News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- His proposal to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day is a personal matter for 13th District Councilman Mitch O’Farrell; the Glassell Park resident is a member of the Wyandotte Nation, and his grandfather served twice as chief. “The atrocities that they were responsible for are nothing to be celebrated,” O’Farrell said of Columbus and his crew. The City Council is scheduled to vote on the matter today. L.A. Times
- Painter Friedrich Kunath works in a 14,000-square-foot El Sereno studio/”rumpus room” filled with everything from a classic Jaguar E-Type and Mid Century collectibles to a ceramic camel and vintage wooden bar. Vice
- More than 3,000 LADWP customers in Boyle Heights lost power late Tuesday afternoon. Power was restored within about three hours. The Eastsider
- Atwater Village has a new neighbor: The Griffith, a 220-unit Glendale apartment building located on the other side of the railroad tracks from Atwater Village. Construction on the Los Feliz Boulevard complex is wrapping up soon. Urbanize LA
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.