News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- L.A. Times sports writer Bill Shaikin assesses the Dodgers’ dramatic “September collapse” that has left fans freaking out. “When your team has not won the World Series in three decades, and when the greatest hope since then threatens to dissolve into the greatest collapse in baseball history, you absolutely are entitled to freak out.”
- The estimated cost to expand the capacity of the 710 Freeway between East L.A. and Long Beach range from $6 billion to $12 billion. One option would add a lane between the 405 and 60 freeways and the other would create a separate lane for zero- and near-zero- emission trucks. Daily News
- The mariachis who live and work in Boyle Heights are struggling in the wake of gentrification and rising rents. L.A. Times
- A 9/11 memorial ceremony is scheduled for this morning at the LAFD Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center, 1700 Stadium Way, near Dodgers Stadium. NBC4
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.