News & Notes From Across The Eastside
- The 21-year-old man who threw his pit bull mix, Mary Jane, off a cliff in the City Terrace section of East L.A. was sentenced to two years in prison for animal cruelty. ABC7
- An 88-year-old grandmother and her grandson were sued by the City Attorney over alleged gang related shootings and other violence at the woman’s triplex located near a Boyle Heights school. NBC4
- The City Council honored Romulo Avelica-Gonzalez, the undocumented Lincoln Heights father who was recently released after spending six months in an ICE detention facility. My News LA
- A system that would inform residents by text when street sweepers had finished cleaning their streets would help reduce the number citations. But it could also cost the city between $4.5 million and $11.8 million in lost citation revenue. Daily News
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.