- Gentrification: A publisher canceled a book launch party in a Boyle Heights gallery after gentrification opponents threatened to disrupt the event and demanded that the publisher remove its books from the gallery and a space in Chinatown. L.A. Weekly
- Parisian Party: The New York Times stops by a dinner party in Paris hosted by jewelry designer Sophie Buhai of Silver Lake as she celebrates her new collection. “It should feel very relaxed. People should feel comfortable,” said Buhai, who had the help of a chef and an art director.
- Bike Lanes: Plans to add new bike lanes would be blocked and existing lanes closed if the pavement fails to make an “A” rating under a City Council proposal. The measure was introduced after the city agreed to pay $7.5 million to a cyclist who was left a quadriplegic when he crashed in a bike lane where the pavement had been lifted four inches by a tree root. L.A. Times
- Development: A new state law designed to make it easier to build large housing projects by avoiding environmental impact reports is expected to have only limited impact. L.A. Times
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
L.A. River Wildlife, Elysian Valley | Tracy Stone