- Football: Garfield High’s football team is coming off a 7-game winning streak as it heads to this Friday’s East L.A. Classic against arch rival Roosevelt High. L.A. Times
- Studio Visit: A tour of the Glassell Park studio and workshop of lighting and lamp designer Brendan Ravenhill. Cool Hunting
- R.I.P.: A memorial service is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 28 in Elysian Valley to honor the memory of L.A. River and environmental activist Karin Flores. Facebook
- Ruby Olivia Cedillo: The Arroyo Vista Health Center in Highland Park will dedicate its new Breast Care and Imaging Center in memory of Ruby Olivia Cedillo, the late wife of 1st District Councilmember Gil Cedillo. Cedillo is scheduled to make a $25,000 donation to the non-profit community health center during today’s dedication ceremony.
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Glendale Boulevard at 1 a.m., Silver Lake | Gina Acuña
Support The Eastsider!
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.