- House Fire: Firefighters took about 20 minutes Friday night to put out a fire in a vacant Mount Washington home in the 4100 block of Division Street. No injuries were reported. LAFD
- Got Tickets? Asking prices for Dodger Stadium tickets during the World Series averaged $3,164 on ticket reselling sites. A standing room ticket was going for $888. One fan paid more than $37,000 for two seats behind the dugout. ESPN
- Conflict of Interest: The Fair Political Practices Commission has ended for now a conflict-of-interest investigation without taking any action against school board member Ref Rodriguez over a $265,000 transfer of funds. Rodriguez, who represents many Eastside schools, authorized the transfer from a charter school company he co founded to a nonprofit he controlled. School official said it’s not clear how those funds were used, prompting the filing of a conflict-of-interest complaint. L.A. Times
- Taco Stand: Officials closed down the large and popular Lincoln Heights taco vendor on Avenue 26 but it’s not clear if the closure is permanent or the stand will relocate some place else. Eater LA
- Renovation: The three-year-long renovation of the Silver Lake home of screenwriter Jason Micallef moving the ground-floor living, dining and kitchen to the top floor to take advantage of reservoir views. L.A. Times
- Real Estate: A Bungalow with a Pool in Highland Park (Sponsored)
- Real Estate: For Sale: Serene Artist Retreat in Echo Park (Sponsored)
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Rainbow Bike, Garvanza | Katrina Alexy
Support The Eastsider!
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.