- Derailment: No injuries were reported after five cars from a Union Pacific train derailed early this morning near the San Antonio Winery in Lincoln Heights. The cause of the derailment had not yet been determined. KTLA
- Atwater Nanny: An online fundraiser has been set up to support a nanny who was struck by a car in Atwater Village earlier this year while taking a 2-year-old boy out for a walk in his stroller. KTLA
- Family Politics: 14th District Councilman Jose Huizar says that his wife, Richelle Huizar, is interested in running for his council seat when he is termed out of office in 2020. She would make “a great councilwoman” Huizar said at the Los Angeles Current Affairs Forum. Huizar revealed the news several years after he apologized to his wife and family over a “consensual relationship” with an aide who later filed a harassment lawsuit. L.A. Times
- Emergency Landing: An LAPD helicopter made an emergency landing at Dodger Stadium on Thursday afternoon. The two officers aboard were not injured and it’s certain what prompted the emergency landing. L.A. Now
- 51st Assembly District: The final count of the Oct. 3 primary confirms that Wendy Carrillo will face off against Luis Lopez in a runoff election for the 51st Assembly District. The district covers most of the Eastside, stretching from Echo Park and Silver Lake on the west to Eagle Rock and Highland Park on the north and El Sereno and unincorporated East Los Angeles on the east. Daily News
- Real Estate:Classic and Charming Bungalows in Eagle Rock Echo Park (Sponsored)
- Bulletin Board: Come Support 826LA & LA’s Youngest Published Authors!
- Bulletin Board: Rise Up, Meet Up: Youth Day of Skillshares & Organizing
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
Top of Baxter Stairs, Elysian Heights | Finnius Morton
Support The Eastsider!
Get your Eastsider Reader Benefits Card today with the purchase of a Reader Sponsorship and start enjoying the discounts and deals offered by the participating merchants.