BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
An Eastside restaurant made it to number one while two additional Eastside eateries received mentions in Eater LA’s list of “The 21 Hottest Restaurants in LA Right Now, November 2017.” Mh Zh in Silver Lake took the top spot for its “rustic Middle Eastern dishes at ridiculously affordable prices.” Coming in at No. 13 is Atwater Village’s Journeymen for its “produce driven food” and “ethical meats.” And just across the street from Journeymen is the No. 14 contender, Good Measure, which was noted for its “wine-centric operation.” Mh Zh is located in the 3500 block of Sunset Boulevard in Silver Lake. Both Journeymen and Good Measure are located in the 3200 block of Glendale Boulevard in Atwater Village.
In other Shopper & Diner news:
- Breakfast at Division 3 in Glassell Park is one of “The 3 Best Breakfasts in L.A.,” according to the L.A. Weekly. Try the hearty, syrup soaked “Jersey French toast ina’cup.” The biscuit sandwiches are the star of the show, though, with its D3 secret sauce and five flavors at $5 a pop. Division 3 is located in the 3300 block of Division Street in Glassell Park.
- The donuts at Donut Friend in Highland Park were named one of “The 6 Best Desserts in Los Angeles,” according to the L.A. Weekly. Headed by Drive Like Jehu drummer Mark Trombino, Donut Friend’s punk rock vibe and one hundred percent animal-product free approach puts the donut shop in a class all its own. Donut Friend is located in the 5100 block of York Boulevard in Highland Park.
That’s it for this week’s Shopper & Diner Report!
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter with food related items from The Shopper & Diner Report and other sources (expect special offers from our business partners, too).
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Deals & Discounts for Eastsider Readers