BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Is the pen your best friend? Find writing tools for you or your favorite scribe at Shorthand’s grand reopening party this Saturday, Dec. 9 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Plenty of gifts and stocking stuffers will be on deck at the stationary and office supply store. Oh, and beer, too! Shorthand is located in the 5000 block of York Boulevard in Highland Park.
In other Shopper & Diner news:
- Handmade dumplings are heading to Highland Park by way of Mason’s Dumpling Shop, Eater LA reports. Mason’s is actually owned by Luscious Dumplings, with locations in Monrovia and San Gabriel. Expect an opening sometime in early 2018. Mason’s Dumplings Shop is located in the 5800 block of N. Figueroa Street.
- Numerous Echo Park shops, restaurants and other businesses will be offers discounts and hosting events during the Echo Park Shop Hop on Saturday, Dec. 9. The Shop Hop coincides with the annual Echo Park Community Parade on Sunset Boulevard.
- Piencone Pizzeria, Creamery, and Pub will be taking over the former The Coffee Table space in Eagle Rock, Eater LA reports. Owned by Four Café team Corey and Michelle Wilton and partner Herb Gualpa, the new pizza and ice cream destination comes with a wood-fired oven and a bar. No word on the grand opening. Piencone Pizzaria, Creamery, and Pub is located in the 1900 block of Colorado Boulevard in Eagle Rock.
- Get Your Holiday Shopping at The Runway Outlet in Silver Lake a wonderfully curated boutique that offers a diverse collection of one-of-a-kind samples and current season overstock from independent Los Angeles based designers! The Runway Outlet is at 2395 Glendale Blvd. (Sponsored)
That’s it for this week’s Shopper & Diner Report!
- More Restaurant & Bar stories
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Support The Eastsider!
Talk is Cheap, Gathering News is Not
Join the Reader Sponsors whose financial support helps defray the cost of news gathering and storytelling that keep our neighborhoods informed and connected.