BY CECILIA PADILLA-BRILL
Mixed Company in Silver Lake is done after 10 months, Eater LA reports. The owners spent more time obtaining permits and building out the Sunset Junction restaurant than they did operating it . A note posted on the front door announced the closure but did not provide details about what prompted the closure. No word on what will replace Mixed Company.
In other Shopper & Diner news:
- Another caffeine option has landed in the competitive café scene in Atwater Village, Eater LA reports. Black Elephant Coffee comes from Gonzalo Otarola and Heidy Fu, who also own Burbank’s Simply Coffee. Expect salads, sandwiches, pastries, beans from Stumptown and, yes, wifi. Black Elephant Coffee is at 3195 Glendale Boulevard in Atwater Village.
- Rock’n Egg Café will soon be rock its way into Eagle Rock, Eater LA reports. The soon-to-be revealed breakfast and lunch spot takes over the former Auntie Em’s space. Rock’n Egg Café comes from the same team who own popular breakfast spot Nick’s Café in Chinatown. Expect a causal place to enjoy a daytime meal and a small marketplace. Rock’n Egg Café is at 4616 Eagle Rock Boulevard in Eagle Rock.
That’s it for this week’s Shopper & Diner Report!
- More Restaurant & Bar stories
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Cecilia Padilla-Brill is a communications writer and journalist. She writes news, health, education and feature stories. Cecilia is currently working on her first novel. She has lived in Echo Park since 1999.
Support The Eastsider!
Talk is Cheap, Gathering News is Not
Join the Reader Sponsors whose financial support helps defray the cost of news gathering and storytelling that keep our neighborhoods informed and connected.