The new location on York Boulevard is the former site of Ba restaurant, which served French classics for four years before announcing they were moving on to other projects, and were turning over the space to Ku. The restaurant opened more than a year later than had initially been expected.
That seems to depart from Ku’s earlier plan to be “completely different from Pine & Crane” – as does the scale of the restaurant, which eventually grew to include space from the former cafe-bakery next door.
But the menu includes many new items, and Ku did come through on the plan to keep the average tab to about $10.
Joy is at 5100 York Blvd. in Highland Park.
- More Highland Park stories
- More Restaurant & Bar stories
- Got a news tip or photo to share? Submit it here
- Sign up for The Eastsider’s Good Taste email newsletter
- If you want to share Eastside restaurant reviews, recipes and cooking & shopping tips, sign up for The Good Taste Facebook Group
Support The Eastsider!
Talk is Cheap, Gathering News is Not
Join the Reader Sponsors whose financial support helps defray the cost of news gathering and storytelling that keep our neighborhoods informed and connected.