Trucks, RVs, campers and other oversized vehicles would no longer be allowed to park overnight on nearly five miles of streets in Cypress Park and Glassell Park under a proposal by First District Councilman Gil Cedillo.
Such restrictions are usually imposed following complaints of homeless persons living in vehicles. However, there’s no mention of the homeless in Cedillo’s proposal that is now making its way through City Hall.
- The north side and median portion of North San Fernando Road between the SR2 Freeway and Eagle Rock Boulevard
- The north side of North San Fernando Road between Division Street and Avenue 26
- Both sides of Cypress Avenue between Cazador Street and Pepper Avenue
- The north side of Eagle Rock Boulevard between West Avenue 36 and Cypress Avenue
- Both sides of West Avenue 27 between Idell Street and Poplar Street
- Both sides of Carlota Boulevard between Pasadena Avenue and East Avenue 43
Oversized vehicles would be towed away if they parked during the restricted hours.
The full City Council must approve Cedillo’s proposal.
- Got a story, tip, question or photo to share? Submit it here
The Eastsider’s Daily email digest includes all new content published on The Eastsider during the last 24 hours. Expect the digest to land in your in email in box around 7 p.m. It’s free to sign up!
Once you submit your information, please check your email box to confirm your subscription.