Quantcast

Two suspects arrested in connection with East L.A. murder and robbery

By RACHEL URANGA

East Los Angeles  — Two men believed connected to the robbery and killing of a 22-year-old In-N-Out worker, who had just gotten off his shift, have been arrested, said the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department.

Rene Lupian, 22, was shot on Nov. 7 around 10:30 p.m. on his way home from work along the 900 block of South Concourse Avenue . He had stopped at a nearby liquor store and was heading home when he was robbed. Lupian turned over his backpack but refused to give up a necklace his grandmother gave him and was shot, according to detectives.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s detectives said in a press release Abraham Julianny Cabrera, 19, of Alhambra was arrested for robbery and murder. While, Wayne Andrew Seare Jr., 22 of Montebello, was arrested for robbery and being an accessory after the fact. Both were booked on Friday.

Lupian’s family had plead for witnesses to come forward and deputies offered a $20,000 reward earlier this month. They also released video surveillance of Lupian at the liquor store. A female person of interest caught on camera crossing paths with Lupian has also been identified and is being investigated.

Cabrera is being held without bail. Seare is held on $2.1 million bail.

 

Capture
The Eastsider’s Daily email digest includes all new content published on The Eastsider during the last 24 hours. Expect the digest to land in your in email in box around 7 p.m. It’s free to sign up!

Once you submit your information, please check your email box to confirm your subscription.


Post a Comment

Please keep your comments civil and on topic and refrain from personal attacks. The moderator reserves the right to edit or delete any comments. The Eastsider's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy apply to comments submitted by readers. Required fields are marked *

*