Sunday, November 17th, 4-7 PM at Fig Earth Supply
What is RAICES?
Founded in 1986 as the Refugee Aid Project by community activists in South Texas, RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency whose mission is to defend the rights of immigrants and refugees, empower individuals, families and communities, and advocate for liberty and justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees.
A General Admission ticket ($50) gets you...
- Oaxacan Food from Poncho's Tlayudas ("Drizzled with golden dregs of homemade lard, spread with seasoned black beans, meaty quesillo and shredded cabbage, the tlayuda at Poncho’s is then folded in half so all the ingredients melt into one another. The cabbage steams gently. The outside toasts. And the tlayuda becomes a tlayuda.The dish is substantial, but not heavy; crisp, but not fragile. It is portable, but best enjoyed immediately, in place, surrounded by the warmth of chatter and grill smoke" - Tejal Rao, New York Times)
- Mediterranean Snacks from Spitz ("where the streets of Berlin meets California fresh")
- Performance by Pacifico Dance Company (an organization dedicated to the performance and preservation of traditional Mexican dance through the reconstruction of choreography and dance training. We are seek to instill pride of heritage and promote cultural understanding among the diverse communities of Southern California. The company also incorporates Mexican folklore, religion, and current themes presented through dance fusion to further the appreciation and understanding of present day Mexico.)
- Silent Auction with items from The Now, L.A. County Store, Botanica, Barbrix, Found Coffee, Square One, Ethereal Culture, Aesop
- Affirmations and Emotionally-Attuned Compliments Booth with Laura Mohai, trauma-informed yoga instructor
- Wine, beer, and soda
- Dancing (we'll provide the space and the music, you bring your sick moves)
- Laughter and Fun (*while there's an unlimited supply, we can't make guarantees)
A VIP ticket ($100) gets you...
All the above plus
a Mini Astrology Reading with Juliana McCarthy of Ethereal Culture, noted astrologer featured in Vogue and author of The Stars Within You: A Modern Guide to Astrology
a Tarot Reading with Andrea Lachman of Tarot with a Bruja
100% of profits will go to RAICES. Their vision is a compassionate society where all people have the right to migrate and human rights are guaranteed.
BUY TICKETS: RaicesGardenParty.eventbrite.com