Cooking for a large group of people during the holidays is for the birds. So why not have someone else do it?
Whatever your taste, Eastsider restaurants and grocers have you covered this Thanksgiving.
Be it a full-blown roast turkey dinner, gluten-free, vegan or just some pie - there are plenty of options where you can gobble ‘til you wobble.
Don’t see your restaurant listed? Submit your details here.
All Day Baby | Silver Lake
- Turkey, all the sides, pie and more are available for takeout at this hip “feel-good” restaurant.
- 3200 W. Sunset Blvd.
El Pavo Bakery | Boyle Heights
- What better place to go for Thanksgiving sweets than a panaderia with a name that translates into "El Turkey." No white or dark meat here, but you can take home empanadas de calabaza (pumpkin turnovers).
- 2327 East Cesar Chavez Ave.
- (323) 266-2360
- A full Thanksgiving meal plus a mini pumpkin punk tart for just $22. Can be preordered from online to pick up or in-house on the day.
- 1850 N Vermont Ave.
Gelson’s | Los Feliz
- The last day to order is Nov. 23 for turkey, ham, prime rib or brisket meals. A la carte options are also available.
- 725 Hyperion Ave
Kitchen Mouse | Highland Park
- This cafe and market offers a vegan and gluten-free menu, providing everything from tofurky to pumpkin flan. Available for pick up the day before Thanksgiving.
- 5904 N. Figueroa St.
Lemon Poppy | Glassell Park
- Thanksgiving orders are available for pick up on Nov. 24.
- 3324 Verdugo Road
La Villa Cafe | Atwater Village
- Mexican specialties off the beaten path in a mostly residential neighborhood. Thanksgiving promotion is “heat and serve.” Get your order in early.
- 4105 Chevy Chase Dr.
Tamales Lilliana's | East LA
- Lilliana's will be open on Thanksgiving and is taking orders. While there will be no turkey tamales, there is a chicken and vegetable option.
- 4629 E Cesar E Chavez Ave
Little Dom’s | Los Feliz
- Looking for a deep-fried turkey? Also sides, pies and wine. Orders close Nov. 21 for pick up on Thanksgiving morning.
- 2128 Hillhurst Ave.
Mimi’s Bistro & Bakery | Atwater Village
- Sure, it's a chain, but Mimi’s offers a complete meal at an affordable price for pick up the days leading up to Thanksgiving. The take-home feast runs $129.99 and serves 8 to 10 guests.
- 2925 Los Feliz Blvd.
Plants + Animals | Eagle Rock
- The name pretty much sums it up. Plants? Check. Animals? Check. Complete Thanksgiving meal? Check. Happy guests and family? You got it.
- 1743 Colorado Blvd, Eagle Rock, 90041
Sage Vegan Bistro | Echo Park
- Popular vegan restaurant offers seitan turkey, lentil “meat” loaf and all the sides.
- 1700 W. Sunset Blvd.
Sizzler | Atwater Village
- Yes, there are still Sizzlers, and yes, there’s one in Atwater Village. In what may be the best deal around, they’re offering a “heat and eat” Thanksgiving dinner for $84.99. Pre-order by Nov. 21, pick up Nov. 23 and 24.
- 2920 Los Feliz Blvd.
Taix French Restaurant | Echo Park
- Dine in and celebrate Thanksgiving the way the French do! Entrees include roast turkey and prime rib.
- 1911 Sunset Blvd, Echo Park, 90026
Tam O'Shanter | Atwater Village
- Shortly after landing on Plymouth Rock, the Pilgrims grabbed a bite at the Tam O’Shanter, which has been around for nearly 1000 years. The dine-in Thanksgiving menu includes roast turkey, prime rib, vegetable lasagna and something called Toad in the Hole.
- 2980 Los Feliz Blvd.
Tartine | Silver Lake
- Great upscale bakery taking pie orders for pick up on Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- 3921 Sunset Blvd.
Village Bakery & Cafe | Atwater Village
- Special traditional Thanksgiving dinner packages and A la carte options are available. And don’t forget the pie, including gluten-free and vegan options.
- 3119 Los Feliz Blvd.
Whole Foods | Glendale + Pasadena + Silver Lake
- This popular grocery store chain with locations in or near the Eastside offers complete holiday meals for pick up.