Los Angeles Unified Superintendent Austin Beutner said Monday there's still no timetable on when school facilities may reopen due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the district may need to create a balance of online and in-person classes for the next academic year that starts Aug. 18.
- Housing development on the rise in East LA
- Proyectos de vivienda en alza en el Este de LA
- Grace period on infraction tickets extended through Aug. 21
- Nearly 2,000 coronavirus patients hospitalized in L.A. County as cases surge
- Ex-Councilman Englander pleads guilty in corruption case that has ensnared Huizar
- Atwater Village hazardous household waste disposal center to reopen this weekend
- Mount Washington preschool learns to adjust to pandemic
- Whenever L.A. schools finally reopen, they may still be taught partly online
- Young people lead increases in L.A. County COVID cases
Stay on top of the news with our Daily Digest newsletter. Just enter your email address below and hit the Sign Up button. FYI: We don't sell our email lists to protect your privacy.
- Co-valedictorians from Eagle Rock High now headed to the same college
- Front door smashed at Vista Theater in Los Feliz - burglars find empty cash register
- Fires and fireworks all over the Eastside
- Private Detached Bungalow in Silver Lake!
- Jose Huizar under wraps
- 'House of Spirits' sign leaves Echo Park behind for repairs and protection
- Neighbors want to tame traffic on a dangerous section of the ‘Roller Coaster Hills'
- Virgil Village Spanish Bungalows
- Keeping Echo Park Lake Clean
- Beautifully Designed Highland Park Charmer with ADU