An Echo Park bungalow court threatened with demolition has been nominated as a historic landmark. A rendering has been released for a new East Hollywood housing project. And Councilman Gil Cedillo wants the city to look into leasing a Lincoln Heights building to house the homeless.
East Hollywood -- A major emergency fire tore through an abandoned building tonight that once housed a medical clinic, and it took firefighters nearly two hours to extinguish the flames.
EAST HOLLYWOOD -- Firefighters battling heavy flames on two floors of a vacant, two-story apartment building this morning moved into defensive position as the structure threatened to collapse, dousing the flames from outside.
In this issue, the former Red Herring space in Eagle Rock is going for more than $7,700 a month; a huge affordable housing complex is planned for East Hollywood; and a 9-home small-lot development has been finished in Lincoln Heights.
East Hollywood - Dozens of children have lost their stem cells after a freezer at Children's Hospital Los Angeles malfunctioned and destroyed their samples, according to the hospital.
East Hollywood - There is still a lot to fix at the Director's House, a 1920s building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. A western bay window has been sagging under its own weight; the cantilevered balcony that once jutted out from the north side of the building needs to be recreated; rotted …
The East Hollywood Community Garden opened early this summer along N. Madison Avenue near Lexington, and I am among its first set of gardeners. I am also bad at gardening. My plants die. A lot.
East Hollywood -- Authorities are looking for a domestic violence suspect who may be barricaded in a building in the 4300 block of Lockwood Avenue in the East Hollywood area.
Los Feliz -- The DASH bus lines serving Los Feliz and the Griffith Observatory have been combined into a single route with shorter wait times and two hours of added operation, the L.A. Department of Transportation announced on Monday.
East Hollywood -- About 200 people were evacuated from Children's Hospital this afternoon after a smoke from a smoldering fire spread to different parts of the building, said the L.A. Fire Department.
The grisly Manson-family murder scene is for sale. A planned Lincoln Heights hotel and residential project is moving ahead. A home of a former Japanese florist has been nominated as a historic landmark as the owner tries to sell the Silver Lake property.
The Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Hollyhock House is now a World Heritage site. Screenwriter Christopher Markus is asking nearly $2 million for his Silver Lake home. And what's next for Echo Park's House of Spirits.
East Hollywood -- Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hollyhock House, built as a hilltop residence for an oil heiress, has been named as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
East Hollywood - After years of design efforts and some delays, Madison Avenue Park and Community Garden opened to the public Saturday in a neighborhood where parks are scarce.
East Hollywood - As Virgil Village continues getting busier, a new pedestrian signal is planned right near one of the signature restaurants for the area.
Two new Silver Lake homes with "City, hill, and freeway" views have hit the market for $2.65 million. Plans are being refined for a former rail yard in Glassell Park. And actor Alexander Gould has bought a home in Atwater Village
The Hoover Street Yard, a nearly 90-year-old maintenance facility and storage yard used by the L.A. Department of Water and Power will be undergoing a $150 million makeover.
EAST HOLLYWOOD -- A cyclist is in stable condition after being shot in the leg while riding his bike early this morning in what is believed to be a gang-related drive-by shooting, police said.
L.A. County could end up buying the troubled old Southwest Museum. Supports that once held an old Red Car bridge over the L.A. River are to hold a new bike and pedestrian span. And a new patient tower is underway at Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital.
- 70-year-old El Sereno woman stabbed to death
- County launches sexual and mental health centers at 50 schools
- Dining guide stops in EP | Novelist as art collector | Santa speaks
- Preparing for his Echo Park parade appearance, Santa Claus speaks
- The woman shaping the L.A. River | Highland Park comedy video blowback | Atwater Village artist talks art and power
- Holiday Mercadito | Affordable art show | Holiday Hop Shop & more to do this weekend
- $499k Cypress Park duplex; $899 El Sereno Craftsman; Elysian Valley small-lot, from $841k
- Missing East L.A. teen found shot to death in Boyle Heights
- Tierra Mia Coffee shop opening near Cal State L.A.
- Cypress Park's "Egghead Stonehenge" takes a hit
- East L.A. teen goes missing
- 2019 Eastside Holiday Guide: Parades, Tree Lightings, Winter Wonderlands & Santa
- City awarded $3.5 million for L.A. River paths and habitats
- $2.2 million for Atwater Village riverway | Boyle Heights police shooting video
- 'Ford v Ferrari' puts Garvanza in the Hollywood spotlight
- The remake of a Los Feliz restaurant remains a work in progress
- All Day Baby’s in Silver Lake; Tanka lands in Virgil Village; California Sun goes dark
News and messages from our sponsors