As Los Angeles braces itself for the worst of the coronavirus, we took a look back at the century-old pandemic as it swept across Eagle Rock, Garvanza Hermon and Highland Park.
Highland Park -- The victim of a fatal crash earlier this week has been identified as 46-year-old Courtney Mykytyn, who was struck and killed in the street outside her home by a neighbor's car in what police are calling a "tragic accident."
Garvanza -- Rows of vintage cars filled the parking lot by the Hi-Ho Market. Universal Complete Auto Repair was turned into a 1960s-era repair shop called Ken Miles Limited. And Christian Bale and Matt Damon staged a fight at the corner of Meridian Street and Avenue 63.
Search our sponsored Open House Calendar listings below or click on the neighborhood links for more properties.
GARVANZA -- The fact that two nearly century-old homes have been restored to their glory after sitting blighted for years isn’t unusual in this historic district. But the way new housing was included in this project is being described as visionary.
- Ralphs & Food 4 Less to restrict number of customers inside stores
- Two injured in 5 Freeway crash in Boyle Heiights
- Los Feliz homeless shelter taking shape
- FaceTime Accordion Classes and Virtual Personal Shopping Tours: How businesses are staying open during the pandemic
- L.A. Unified chief says online learning won't be available to all students until May
- Former St. Vincent hospital to serve as "surge" facility during coronavirus outbreak
- Highland Park house fire on Monte Vista extinguished
- L.A. County cases top 6,000 as public is advised to "skip shopping" this week
- Coronavirus spreading through L.A. convalescent homes -- new cases reported in Eagle Rock, El Sereno & Highland Park facilities
Stay on top of the news with our Daily Digest newsletter. Just enter your email address below and hit the Sign Up button. FYI: We don't sell our email lists to protect your privacy.
- Glassell Park Super King worker tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus testing site up and running in Lincoln Heights
- LAPD visits non-essential businesses that refuse to close; construction sites also threatened with closure
- No Open Houses, But Still Multiple Offers: Eastside real estate churns and changes amid a pandemic
- All Signs Point to Homes in Echo Park, Highland Park and Hollywood
- First coronavirus cases reported in Atwater Village as L.A. County figures approach 6,000
- Dodger Stadium rental car lot keeps growing
- L.A. County coronavirus cases top 5,000 in biggest one-day increase
- 11-year-old Silver Lake trumpeter strikes the right note with neighbors
- L.A. County to pay $625,000 over alleged molestation at East L.A.youth boxing program
News and messages from our sponsors