Garvanza -- Paola Guasp founded Amara Kitchen at a time where there weren't many restaurants serving options for special diets like gluten-free, vegan, or paleo. She discovered her love for food at a young age, making her own meals at home while her mother worked late at a restaurant.
As Los Angeles braces itself for the worst of the coronavirus, we took a look back at the century-old pandemic as it swept across Eagle Rock, Garvanza Hermon and Highland Park.
Highland Park -- The victim of a fatal crash earlier this week has been identified as 46-year-old Courtney Mykytyn, who was struck and killed in the street outside her home by a neighbor's car in what police are calling a "tragic accident."
Garvanza -- Rows of vintage cars filled the parking lot by the Hi-Ho Market. Universal Complete Auto Repair was turned into a 1960s-era repair shop called Ken Miles Limited. And Christian Bale and Matt Damon staged a fight at the corner of Meridian Street and Avenue 63.
Search our sponsored Open House Calendar listings below or click on the neighborhood links for more properties.
GARVANZA -- The fact that two nearly century-old homes have been restored to their glory after sitting blighted for years isn’t unusual in this historic district. But the way new housing was included in this project is being described as visionary.
- City to start negotiating takeover of vacant Caltrans homes in El Sereno
- Old contractor building in Atwater Village heads toward landmark status
- Rehab in the works for Silver Lake's historic Tokio Florist property
- A bear in Eagle Rock?
- LA Zoo giraffe -- Hasina -- dies after breech birth of stillborn calf
- L.A. could soon reopen theaters and indoor dining - if COVID-19 tier drops from purple to red
- LAPD chief checks into hospital for undisclosed reasons
- One dead, two wounded in Cypress Park weekend shooting
- Eastside private and charter schools prepare to welcome students back to campus
- Popular Highland Park middle school teacher dies
- A bear in Eagle Rock?
- Vaccinations start today for LA workers in education, food, emergency services and law enforcement
- A stroll down East LA's forgotten Latino Walk of Fame
- A tent city has become part of the landscape and art of Echo Park
- Street sweeping in L.A. to change from weekly to bi-weekly
- Jay's Bar in Silver Lake mourns the death of new owner
- Glassell Park shooting leaves one dead, one injured
- Friday night shooting leaves man dead in East LA
- Anti-vax protesters return to Dodger Stadium
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
News and messages from our sponsors