Police have released video of a pair of armed robbery suspects who held up two stores in one day, early this month - one store in Echo Park, and one in Historic Filipinotown. Both incidents were caught on surveillance video.
Historic Filipinotown – Sixty-three units of supportive housing and a community cultural center are now planned for Temple Street, officials said.
Historic Filipinotown -- A 49-year-old homeless woman who was stabbed to death was identified Tuesday by the coroner's office as Kelly Ottarson.
Historic Filipinotown - Gates colored gold and jade will mark the eastern entrance to the neighborhood as part of gateway project expected to be completed later this year.
Historic Filipinotown -- A motorist who authorities said was fleeing the scene of a collision on the Hollywood (101) Freeway this morning crashed the vehicle a short time later and died at a hospital.
Historic Filipinotown - An employee of a restroom rental company was pierced to the bone by a discarded syringe while he was emptying the wastewater from a hand-washing station, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The coronavirus death toll grew by 11 in Los Angeles County, pushing the county's total to 65 as local health officials today joined a growing movement by suggesting that people wear cloth masks when going out in public.
In this issue of Real Estate Monday, permits have been issued to build housing on the site of the former Bob Baker Marionette Theater; a $10 million self-storage center is in the works for El Sereno and a new Temple Street apartment building is offering free rent and parking during pre-leasing.
Prices on around 20 homes, condos, and other Eastside properties dropped during the past week.
In this issue, the former Red Herring space in Eagle Rock is going for more than $7,700 a month; a huge affordable housing complex is planned for East Hollywood; and a 9-home small-lot development has been finished in Lincoln Heights.
- City to start negotiating takeover of vacant Caltrans homes in El Sereno
- Old contractor building in Atwater Village heads toward landmark status
- Rehab in the works for Silver Lake's historic Tokio Florist property
- A bear in Eagle Rock?
- LA Zoo giraffe -- Hasina -- dies after breech birth of stillborn calf
- L.A. could soon reopen theaters and indoor dining - if COVID-19 tier drops from purple to red
- LAPD chief checks into hospital for undisclosed reasons
- One dead, two wounded in Cypress Park weekend shooting
- Eastside private and charter schools prepare to welcome students back to campus
- Popular Highland Park middle school teacher dies
- A bear in Eagle Rock?
- Vaccinations start today for LA workers in education, food, emergency services and law enforcement
- A stroll down East LA's forgotten Latino Walk of Fame
- A tent city has become part of the landscape and art of Echo Park
- Street sweeping in L.A. to change from weekly to bi-weekly
- Jay's Bar in Silver Lake mourns the death of new owner
- Glassell Park shooting leaves one dead, one injured
- Friday night shooting leaves man dead in East LA
- Anti-vax protesters return to Dodger Stadium
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
News and messages from our sponsors