Historic Filipinotown – Sixty-three units of supportive housing and a community cultural center are now planned for Temple Street, officials said.
Historic Filipinotown -- A 49-year-old homeless woman who was stabbed to death was identified Tuesday by the coroner's office as Kelly Ottarson.
Historic Filipinotown - Gates colored gold and jade will mark the eastern entrance to the neighborhood as part of gateway project expected to be completed later this year.
Historic Filipinotown -- A motorist who authorities said was fleeing the scene of a collision on the Hollywood (101) Freeway this morning crashed the vehicle a short time later and died at a hospital.
Historic Filipinotown - An employee of a restroom rental company was pierced to the bone by a discarded syringe while he was emptying the wastewater from a hand-washing station, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The coronavirus death toll grew by 11 in Los Angeles County, pushing the county's total to 65 as local health officials today joined a growing movement by suggesting that people wear cloth masks when going out in public.
In this issue of Real Estate Monday, permits have been issued to build housing on the site of the former Bob Baker Marionette Theater; a $10 million self-storage center is in the works for El Sereno and a new Temple Street apartment building is offering free rent and parking during pre-leasing.
Prices on around 20 homes, condos, and other Eastside properties dropped during the past week.
In this issue, the former Red Herring space in Eagle Rock is going for more than $7,700 a month; a huge affordable housing complex is planned for East Hollywood; and a 9-home small-lot development has been finished in Lincoln Heights.
- LA to start the week under stricter Stay-at-Home orders
- Fire damages vacant Boyle Heights house
- Firefighters snuff out small Eagle Rock brush fire
- So long, Scout: Horse retires from LA Park Rangers to a property near Griffith Park
- LA reports 60 new COVID deaths as hospitals treat a record number of virus patients
- Hit-and-run driver in Boyle Heights injures elderly man on seated scooter
- L.A. considers laying off 1,900 city employees, mostly police
- Drive ‘bye’ for East L.A. comedian and COVID-19 victim
- Noa Noa and pizzeria land in Boyle Heights | Top sushi chef debuts in Atwater Village | Pandemic closure
- A son keeps his mother's legacy and recipes alive at El Gallo Bakery in East LA
- Stay-at-Home order protestors descend on Echo Park home of public health director
- Glassell Park crash victims were young movers in the music industry
- 2020 Eastside Holiday Guide: Christmas lights, pop-ups, and Dodger Stadium drive-thru
- Not everyone is a fan of the East LA Dodger House
- Former L.A. Deputy Mayor Raymond Chan added as defendant in Huizar corruption case
- Glassell Park crash leaves two dead; victims identified as Ryan Brady and Max Perenchio
- Former Silver Lake Texaco station has been packed up but has no place to go
- Councilman De León wants city to takeover vacant Caltrans homes in El Sereno
- LA reports record high new COVID cases and hospitalizations -- and conditions will only get worse, officials say
News and messages from our sponsors